Every Wednesday and Thursdays from 6:30 pm to 8:30 pm, we organize an in-house group meditation & Dhamma discussion.
Every month on the first Sunday there is a communal alms giving. The Sayadaw will start his lunch time alms at 11am. Dhamma talk and Meditation then follow. If you wish to attend the alms giving please arrive before 10:30.
Also the first weekend on each month we will be opened all day for yogis to practise meditation.
On the second Sunday of each month there is a Culture Lesson for children held at the centre from 1pm - 4pm. Parents are welcome to stay and food will be served.
*Sometimes there may be changes to these dates. Please check our news page or you can contact us on 0161 281 6242.
Every 2 Monthly
The elders of Myanmar (70 Plus) are encouraged to come to the Saraniya Centre on the second Sunday of every other month. During this day the elders can offer swun, listen to Dhamma Talks, discuss Dhamma etc. Also they can take this opportunity to socialise with friends and colleagues and reminisce. We look forward to seeing you.
Please check our calendar for specific dates.
1. Burmese New Year Celebration (Water Festival) - April
2. Dhammacakka Day Celebration / Waso (Beginning of Buddhist Lent) - July
3. One week in-house Basic Buddhism & Culture Course for children - August
4. Abhi Dhamma Day Celebration (Festival of Light) - September/October
5. Kathina Day Celebration (Robe Offering) - October/November
6. Every Saturday (7:00-8:00pm) during the Summer Months (Waso) for Dhamma Talk and Meditation session.